Just a couple of weeks and it will be another Fourth of July celebration. It’s crucial that you are mindful of what you eat amidst the various parties that you might have to attend (or have to prepare). If you’re looking for something delicious and healthy, while easy to make, we’ve rounded up just the right recipes for you.
Recipe 1: Happy Fourth of July Salad
This no-fuss salad recipe is perfect for family gatherings or picnics. You can also easily make more of this recipe whenever the crowd gets bigger! Simple, easy, and healthy – just what you need for the bustling holiday.
Preparation Time: 10 min
(Nutritional Info: 60 kcal, 4.1 grams fat, 6.3 grams carbohydrates, 0.7 grams protein, 3 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol)
– 1 cup chopped watermelon
– 1 cup sliced strawberries
– 1 cup red grapes
– 1 cup blueberries
– 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix strawberries, red grapes, and blueberries.
- Add chopped watermelon to the mix. Combine everything together.
- Lastly, add the shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately or let it chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe 2: Summer Drunken Berries
Looking for something that would add more spice to your party? This recipe will add a twist to a bunch of healthy berries. Enjoy while the night is young.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cook: 5 minutes
Refrigerate: 4 hours
(Nutritional Info: 196 kcal, 0.5 grams fat, 47.3 grams carbohydrates, 1.2 grams protein, 2 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol)
– 1 pint fresh blackberries
– 1 pint blueberries
– 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
– ½ cup water
– ¼ cup pear liqueur
– 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- Mix sugar with water in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is boiling. Then reduce to low heat and simmer for five minutes. Set aside for five more minutes.
- Stir in pear liqueur into the sugar mixture. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Mix blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries in a large bowl.
- Pour the sugar and liqueur mixture over the berries. Mix it gently to let the syrup coat the berries.
- Set the berries aside and allow it to stand for three hours. Let it absorb the flavors.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving. A batch of this recipe can stand up to three days.
Recipe 3: July 4th Milkshake Supreme
The perfect milkshake recipe for hot summer days. This milkshake is not only ideal for the annual Fourth of July celebrations, but it can also be prepared for any party of the year. Concoct this recipe within minutes for everyone to enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
(Nutritional Info: 534 kcal, 30.9 grams fat, 66.5 grams carbohydrates, 3.1 grams protein, 222 mg sodium, 90 mg cholesterol)
– ½ cup vanilla ice cream
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– ½ cup apple juice, or more if desired
– 1 ½ cups peeled and diced apple
– 2 tablespoons butter, softened
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add apple, ice cream, apple juice, and butter in a blender. Blend well until evenly mixed.
- Then add nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar to the mix. Blend everything until smooth.
- Serve immediately while it’s still cool.
Recipe 4: July 4 Surprise Waffles
You can add any fruit you want together with the waffles. This classic waffle recipe gives you the right ingredient proportions you need to make it perfect with any topping.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
(Nutritional Info: 378 kcal, 23.4 grams fat, 35 grams carbohydrates, 7.5 grams protein, 363 mg sodium, 52 mg cholesterol)
– 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
– 4 teaspoons baking powder
– 2 ¼ cups milk
– 2 eggs, beaten
– ¾ cup vegetable oil
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– Optional: 3 drops food coloring
– Optional: 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
– Topping: berries, fruits, syrup or cream
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manual instructions.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl together with vegetable oil, milk, and food coloring.
- Stir in the flour mixture to the egg mixture until little lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron in batches. Cook until the waffle is golden brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and other toppings you like.