Dieting does not have to be a sad endeavor. You can still have fun mixing healthy ingredients to come up with something delicious, which will also get you through your entire diet period. Here are four delightful recipes which make dieting a happy regimen you can always look forward. Some of the recipes here are less than 200 calories while some are even less than 100 calories.
Recipe 1: The Ultimate Diet Soup
There are perhaps a lot of variations for this diet soup. The key here is that you have absolute control on what to add or remove from this recipe. Play around with your favorite ingredients and happy dieting!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
(Nutritional Info: 94 kcal, 0.5 grams fat, 21 grams carbohydrates, 3.6 grams protein, 673 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol)
– 1 medium head cabbage
– 3 large carrots
– 3 tomatoes
– 2 ounces dry onion soup mix
– 16 ounces frozen green beans
– 1 onion
– 2 stalks of celery
– 6 cups water
- Chop the cabbage, carrots, celery stalks, and tomatoes.
- Mix water and soup mix in a large pot.
- Add vegetables to the soup mixture.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Simmer everything until the vegetables are tender enough.
- Serve warm. The recipe is good for eight servings.
Recipe 2: Mediterranean Mélange Salad
Studies confirm that the best diet out there is the Mediterranean Diet. This diet is rich in fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants which are ideal for long-term weight management. Make this recipe whenever you need a filling salad during the morning. This festival in your mouth also does wonders for your health.
(Nutritional Info: 161 kcal, 12.3 grams fat, 9.5 grams carbohydrates, 4.4 grams protein, 301 mg sodium, 13 mg cholesterol)
– 4 cups of vegetables (a mixture of zucchini, red or green bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and carrots)
– ¼ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
– 2 ounces of feta cheese
– 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– ½ cup torn basil leaves
– 1 pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper, adjust according to taste
- Mix the vegetables well and add Kalamata olives.
- Mix in feta cheese, basil leaves, salt and pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss everything together and serve.
Recipe 3: Prosciutto and Cantaloupe Delight
Prep time: 10 minutes
Do you want to start a meal with lots of pizazz? This Italian favorite is perfect for starters or appetizers. It can also be a great snack you can bring on-the-go. This recipe also makes for a vibrant and delicious finger food for cocktail parties or picnics.
(Nutritional Info: 99 kcal, 4.8 grams fat, 11.3 grams carbohydrates, 3.9 grams protein, 296 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol)
– 8 slices of prosciutto
– 1 cantaloupe
- Seed and slice the cantaloupe into 8 wedges.
- Remove the flesh from the cantaloupe rind.
- Wrap each cantaloupe piece with a slice of prosciutto.
- Serve while they’re cold.
Recipe 4: Classic Pasta Fagioli
This delectable recipe can be a meal itself, or served as soup for main meals. Prepare a garlic toast on the side because this Pasta Fagioli recipe will make your dieting a truly delicious treat.
(Nutritional Info: 185 kcal, 4.2 grams fat, 30.5 grams carbohydrates, 8.2 grams protein, 272 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol)
– ¼ pound seashell pasta
– 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– Two 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
– One 15-ounce can cannellini beans
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes and cannellini beans.
- Mix in chicken broth, pepper, basil and parsley to Dutch oven and bring everything to a boil over high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Let it boil for another minute. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add seashell pasta to Dutch oven and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!