Do you sometimes dread drinking your ordinary-tasting protein shake at the start of the morning? Yes, you want to lose weight by drinking this meal replacement, but does your protein shake powder just taste so drab? Dieting doesn’t mean letting go of delicious things, as long as you know how to play around healthy and tasty ingredients. We’ve come up a solution to your diet woes by compiling the best-of-the-best protein shake recipes. It’s best to try one recipe per day and see (or taste, rather) which you like the most.
Recipe 1: Banana and Strawberry Protein Shake
Looking for a fun and healthy protein shake that you can look forward to after working your ass off at the gym? This delicious banana and strawberry protein shake can be your happy pill towards fitness.
(Nutritional Info: 261 kcal, 5.2 grams fat, 31.1 grams carbohydrates, 26.1 grams protein, 9 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium)
– 1 scoop whey protein powder (vanilla-flavored)
– 1 large banana
– 1 cup fresh strawberries
– 1 cup skim milk
– 1 tablespoon peanut butter
– 2 cups ice
- Add skim milk first into the blender.
- Then add protein powder.
- Next to add is ice and strawberries.
- Then add banana and peanut butter. Make sure you follow the order of layering so that blending goes well.
- Blend everything well until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve in two drinking glasses. Enjoy!
Recipe 2: Creamy Vanilla Almond Protein Shake
Combine the finest dessert ingredients such as vanilla and almonds into your regular shake and you have a winner! This can be a bright start to your mornings, or a healthy aid if you plan to go on a liquid fast.
(Nutritional Info: 327 kcal, 3.7 grams fat, 43.2 grams carbohydrates, 30.4 grams protein, 16 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium)
– 2/3 cup non-fat milk powder
– 1 teaspoon sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding mix
– 1 teaspoon almonds, sliced
– ½ cup ice
– 1 cup water
- Blend ice, ¼ cup water, and almonds in a blender until the almonds are pulverized.
- Add the remaining water to the mixture together with the pudding mix and powdered milk.
- Continue blending everything together until smooth.
Recipe 3: Banana and Chocolate Protein Shake with Peanut Butter Love
Are you craving for your usual tasty “fix” but don’t want to cheat on your diet? We have the perfect recipe which combines a healthy protein shake and delectable dessert.
(Nutritional Info: 561 kcal, 22.8 grams fat, 66.6 grams carbohydrates, 30.9 grams protein, 60 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium)
– 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
– 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (adjust according to taste)
– 1 banana
– 2 tablespoons peanut butter
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 6 ice cubes
- Blend protein powder, banana, milk and ice cubes together.
- Add in peanut butter, cocoa powder, and honey. Blend everything together until smooth.
- Serve while it’s cool.
Note: You can add nuts or almonds for an added punch.
Recipe 4: Tropical Mango Protein Shake Surprise
This protein shake recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a refreshing drink post-workout. You can’t go wrong with a delicious and healthy mango upgrading the taste profile of your usual protein shake.
(Nutritional Info: 401 kcal, 4.4 grams fat, 48.7 grams carbohydrates, 44.6 grams protein, 19 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium)
– ½ cup chopped mango (adjust according to taste)
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
– ½ cup almond milk
– ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
– ½ cup ice
– Optional: 1 teaspoon honey
- Add protein powder, mango, almond milk, yogurt, and ice into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste the result. If you want it to be sweeter, add honey according to taste. Blend everything together to spread the taste evenly.
- Serve while it’s cool.